Milestones & Awards
Since 1934, Parker Drilling has always looked for the optimum solution to meet our customer needs, providing creative and dependable drilling and rental services, in some of the world’s most remote and challenging environments.
It is inbuilt in everything we do – from creating the first heli-hoist rig to setting multiple drilling world records and our Top-Tek casing running tool – our goal is to continually find innovative, reliable and efficient solutions that mitigate risk and increase performance for our clients.
Parker Drilling is proud of the recognition received from customers, partners and government agencies for outstanding performance. Below are just some of the landmarks from our history:
- Parker Drilling’s Training & Competency program receives IADC certification
- Parker Drilling rig was recognized as customer’s safest rig
- Parker Drilling achieves our safest year on record
- Parker Drilling successfully completes offshore O&M transition in under 50 days
- iTS become first API Q2 certified TRS provider
- Parker Drilling enters Canadian Offshore Market
- Parker Drilling Awarded IHS Safety Award
- Parker Drilling acquires 2M-Tek, a manufacturer of equipment for tubular running and related well services
- Parker Drilling rolls out new risk and process-based Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Gary Rich elected chairman of Company’s board of directors
- Parker Drilling named “Drilling Contractor of the Year” by Exxon Neftegas, Ltd
- Parker Drilling rig recognized as the best rig for meeting and exceeding key performance indicators for quality, health, safety, and environmental efforts during the 3rd and 4th quarters
- Parker Drilling acquires iTS, a premier international rental tools and well services provider, significantly expanding the rental tools business segment
- Parker Drilling receives safety award for onshore operation in Papua New Guinea
- Parker Drilling delivers the second of two advanced technology arctic drilling rigs for the North Slope of Alaska
- Parker Drilling receives Talisman Energy’s 2012 CEO safety award for proactively creating an outstanding health, safety and environmental culture
- Parker Drilling commences drilling on the North Slope of Alaska with the first of two advanced technology arctic-class drilling rigs
- Gary Rich selected as president and chief executive officer
- Parker Drilling-operated Yastreb rig sets new ERD world record with a total measured depth of 40,502 ft (7.67 miles)
- Aviation department received “Corporate Business Flying Safety Award” from the National Business Aviation Association for 19 years without an incident
- Exxon Neftegas Ltd. presents Parker Drilling with a “Recognition for Excellence in Safety” for safe operations at the Sakhalin-1 Consortium’s Orlan drilling and production platform and Yastreb extended-reach drilling rig.
- Parker Drilling breaks ERD record from Sakhalin Island, reaching out over seven miles under the sea floor with the Yastreb
- ConocoPhillips presents crews of Parker Drilling Barge Rigs 50B, 55B and 77B with an award in recognition of Parker Drilling employee efforts and company leadership towards safety in ConocoPhillips Gulf Of Mexico, South Louisiana and Fee Lands Operations.
- Occupational Hazards Magazine names Parker Drilling as one of America’s Safest Companies for 2007.
- Parker Drilling commissions, installs and operates the offshore Orlan Platform
- Parker Drilling sets new company record with lowest Total Recordable Incident Rate (0.97) among IADC members
- Parker Drilling designs, constructs and operates the Yastreb, the world’s most advanced extended reach drilling (ERD) land rig for the Sakhalin-1 project in Russia
- Parker Drilling relocates corporate headquarters to Houston.
- Parker Drilling designs and constructs world’s first and only arctic-class drilling barge, the Sunkar, to explore the Caspian Sea
- Parker Drilling expands into the barge rig market with its acquisition of Mallard Drilling of New Iberia, Louisiana, and acquires Quail Tools, a provider of specialized rental equipment used in well drilling, production, and workover applications
- Parker Drilling begins new era of arctic drilling technology with Rig 245, a powerful, self-propelled arctic drilling rig for Alaska’s North Slope
- Parker Drilling designs, constructs and operates the drilling rig aboard the CIDS Platform (Beaufort Sea I), a submersible arctic drilling structure for offshore Alaska
- Parker Drilling builds the world’s largest drilling rig, Parker Drilling 201, capable of drilling to 50,000 ft.
- Parker Drilling develops arctic drilling technology with winterized rig on wheels (Rig 141) for Alaska’s Prudhoe Bay field
- Rig 157 drills deepest test well in the Middle East
- Parker Drilling designs and builds first Transportable by Anything (TBA) 2000 rig for operations in Peruvian jungle
- Parker Drilling sets 28,500 ft. depth record (Ralph Lowe Estate, Texas)
- Parker Drilling drills world’s deepest 90-in. diameter test hole to 6,150 ft., and 120-in. diameter hole to 4,427 ft.
- Parker Drilling patents Heli-Hoist technology, opening new international and Arctic opportunities
- Parker Drilling enters the international market in Venezuela and Canada with five rigs in Venezuela and 12 in Canada
- Founded as “Parker Drilling” by G.C. Parker
5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77046
Tel. +1 281-406-2000