For 80 years, the Parker Drilling team has provided premier drilling and rental tools products and services in some of the world’s most remote and challenging environments.
From creating the first heli-hoist rig to setting numerous drilling world records, we are an operational execution company with a rich history of achievement in helping our customers safely manage costs and mitigate risks. Learn more about how Parker’s dedicated team members have provided innovative, reliable and efficient performance and service for eight decades.
- Parker Drilling marks 80 years of operations.
- Gary Rich elected chairman of Company’s board of directors.
- Parker Drilling named “Drilling Contractor of the Year” by Exxon Neftegas, Ltd.
- Robert L. Parker Jr. announces retirement as fulltime employee; continues as member of Company’s board of directors.
- Christopher T. Weber joins Company as senior vice president and chief financial officer.
- Parker Drilling acquires iTS, a premier international rental tools and well services provider, significantly expanding Company’s rental tools business.
- Rig 272, the second of two advanced technology arctic drilling rigs designed and constructed by Parker, commences drilling on the North Slope of Alaska.
- Parker Drilling receives Talisman Energy’s 2012 CEO safety award for proactively creating an outstanding health, safety and environmental culture.
- Parker commences drilling on the North Slope of Alaska with the first of two advanced technology arctic-class drilling rigs.
- Gary Rich selected as president and chief executive officer
- Parker is awarded a contract to design the drilling package for the Sakhalin-1 Arkutun-Dagi offshore platform.
- Company announces new contract for two newbuild arctic land rigs for a drilling program for BP on Alaska’s North Slope.
- Another first: Parker breaks ERD record from Sakhalin Island, reaching out over seven miles under the sea floor with the Yastreb.
- Parker becomes the first Western drilling company to work in the Siberian Arctic.
- Continuing its legacy of innovation, Parker begins new era of arctic drilling technology with Rig 245, a powerful, self-propelled arctic drilling rig for Alaska’s North Slope.
2103 CityWest Blvd,
Suite 400 Houston,
Tel. +1 281-406-2000